Wednesday, December 16, 2009

lets get rich find away around setting up pins and knocking them down

What do I write about? The concert? The new albums I'm listening to for the first time? That I forgot to wake ben up early and he was late for an early meeting??

We had Sara Groves and her crew come to our church last night for their O Holy Night tour.  About as nice of people as you could possibly hope to meet. And they made my job as one "in charge" so completely easy. I was able to see why her songs are so real because she genuinely listens to people...feels for them. A little pixie of compassion.  We had a sold out show. Every seat taken...okay so I church isn't huge...but it sounds cool. Songs from her Christmas album... a few songs from fireflies and songs....stories of Santa coming through the gravity furnace... Christmas sing-a-long in faux candlelight... a few songs from Melody Olson and a phone conversation with an ex-prisoner touched by Sara's grandparents ministry.  People definitely got their money's worth. And left saying "I knew it would be good... but it was GREAT!"  There are only four more dates... check it out if you're in the vicinity.

I'm going to give fireflies and songs a few more listens and then I'll let you know what I think.  And also station wagon: songs for parents it's old but produced by dan chaffer. One of my all time dream mixes happened four years ago and I didn't even know!

No comments:

Post a Comment