Sunday, December 6, 2009

weekend in review

friday.. stayed up past 2am getting ready for the show.
saturday... spent all day at the show... it was more of a home business show than a craft show. Sales were embarrassingly low and had me swearing off crafting for the rest of my life.  Okay not really.  But it was disappointing.  I ended up giving away more Christmas stuff than I sold because what-in-the-heck can I do with it now! I did make enough to finally print my stupid legal ad in the paper.. but what an annoying thing to have to spend money on.
The experience did however get me motivated to get rolling on business idea #2.
(oh and Katie.. if you read this... I lost your check in the garbage!..oops!)
sunday... Got a message from a girl I worked with at camp six years ago... she saw a blurb on my business idea #2 and has been working on getting started on basically the EXACT same thing for a year!  We are talking about joining forces and becoming business partners and doing this thing. It's such a crazy God thing that I can't even wrap my mind around it. She's in California. Very excited to see what God has in store! Reading business nap-envoking books now to learn about all the legalities.  yuck. Who decided to make everything so dang complicated.

Got a random etsy sale tonight from out east.  Have another person from England interested in a journal.  The Lord knew that I needed that confidence boost.   It feels good to have the show done.  I feel way more relaxed now.  Able to slow up and work on what I want to work on.  I'd like to get back to making "real" books again with signatures etc. And I'd like to get my stamp stuff out and create a few handmade stamps. I got a few more art books from a few friends that I'd like to go through and make some larger journals with.

Kate turns two on thursday!! She always gets the short end of the stick birthday-wise.  But I'm sure that will change when she gets older.  For now they are low key... much like she is.  I am just loving getting to know her though.  She is such a fun little girl.  Nothing gets by her. And she can hold a normal conversation already.

Next week is the Sara Groves concert! It's always seems far into the future.. and here it is!  Everything's on course for a great night.

Where did the weekend go?

1 comment:

  1. You are a rascal! Lost in the garbage....I'll think of something...

    And you must never swear off crafting. THis is all part of the process...learning and honing what works best for your wares. Maybe Rochester's summer thing, like the lady with the cleaning stuff from Refest?

    I LOVE your idea for business #2. It's so much fun to have a front row seat to all of this excitement. Praying for you during the process. :)

    ReplyDelete