Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Am I really going to be this cold for the next six months??

Listening to my son play his guitar and sing upstairs... he doesn't know I can hear him. I hope I will hear the same thing 15 years from now.

I've been enjoying life with family lately. Trying to capture the "little things" that are so special.  Birthday parties... walks at the nature center... Kate asking me this morning "More sugar please mommy!" Is my baby really old enough to be holding conversations in full sentences. Although sometimes it starts turning into the final six minutes of the series finale on "Six Feet Under" in my mind.

I'm starting to want a "number three".  Maybe it's because I'm thrown off my usual cycle.. every other year around this time I've been in my third trimester and getting ready for a little one... 05, 07..... no 09.... I want an 09.  No babies to cuddle with this winter.  No nursing babies! This is the first winter in four years I haven't nursed. Is that a weird thing to dwell on...

Between working on Christmas crafts last night and having community bible study be on the birth of Christ can you tell what I was thinking about during lecture today?



And yes, that IS a Brambleberry Grace painting above the fireplace!

Here is the banner I worked on last night... going to make a few minor adjustments and let it marinate on my piano for a few more days to see if I want to do anything else.. and then I will call it done... besides the small stars that I'm waiting to come from Istanbul.  I'm in a banner mood this christmas... so I will probably be making a lot of banners... mostly with christmas hymns or bible verses.








1 comment:

  1. :)

    You need a number three.

    Good things come in threes.

    LOVE the banner. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

    (Thanks for the linkage!)

    ReplyDelete