Friday, September 4, 2009

new trinkets

Because I live in a small town it is a treat of all treats to go to "the cities" and get to some of the art/craft stores. Dick Blick and Archivers are next door to each other in Roseville which is more than convenient (also next door to a consignment shop which held, up until a few hours ago, a silver dish marked down to $1.18 which now resides in said small town). I wanted to make it to this wonderful art store on Grand-- which my sister literally lives a few short blocks away from (she also lives directly across the street from whole foods... I wouldn't have enough will power if I lived there)-- but was too tired to make the walk.

I got a lino cutter, they didn't have the stamp medium I was looking for but I got some ez cut printing block... is that going to work for stamp making?? from Blick. And Archivers had the felt ink applicator tool I was looking for.. on 75% clearance! The dumb thing is I only got one! I should have gotten three so that I didn't need to trade them out when working with multiple colors. So I'll have to experiment more with my distress inks which I've basically only been using like regular inks thus far. I also need to start working with my adirondack alcohol inks that I splurged on and then never even opened. I got a package of mini misters... way too expensive for what they are... but I couldn't help myself. Finally got a bone folder! I've wanted one for so long! And a few more wires for my journals since they are still on clearance. If I lived closer I'd be purusing their clearance section frequently to snatch up all the 75% off goodies.. maybe it's a good thing I don't live too close.

We've been going to como park all summer since zachariah got a season pass for the rides they have there. Today for the first time he went on a few of the "bigger" rides. It was neat to see him growing up... but sad because it was a very tangible way of seeing my little boy becoming not as little.

No big plans for the weekend. Need to keep working on these journals. A little scary to start working on the covers.

Worship at 8500 has been scheduled already for next summer. The place they're having it this time has a trout lake. Without hesitation Ben said "we going" when he heard that.

No comments:

Post a Comment