Sunday, October 4, 2009

oh the finds there are to find.

Yesterday the library had a book sale... One of those "everybody bring in your books you don't want" and they sell them to raise money.   And oh did I buy! Off the top of my head... I got an atlas, a dictionary, some sheet music books, a few more art books, an oversized book of only new york times front pages from1920-1975, some old books to make "hollowed out books" (I've always wanted to do that) and what I'm most excited about...a  set of five "albums of american history" published in the 40's... five encyclopedia type books of nothing but  great great black and white pictures. I have Ephemera coming out my ears now.. in such a great way! (I took some pictures so that you could share in the excitement.. but I can't find the camera-to-computer cord.)  I would be one happy girl if I could have hours upon uninterrupted hours to just sit down here and make some more journals.  But alas I have more important things to take care of in the form of small human beings.One whom has a cough so I don't think we'll be making church today.

I spent last night prototyping a christmas tree banner/garland.  I'm going to go try it out on the small evergreen in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment